Home Ownership Program
For current tenant-based Housing Choice Voucher participants who meet these criteria:
- Meet DHC's income requirements for homeownership
- Minimum of one year of full-time employment
- Have at least $1,000 in their savings account
- Have the ability to acquire a mortgage through a conventional lender
- Meet other homeownership program requirements
the DHC has a Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership program that might fit your needs.
The Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership program provides direct subsidy assistance towards the purchase of a home as an alternative to renting. Elderly and disabled residents may also be eligible, but the employment requirement is waived.
If you are currently active on the Housing Choice Voucher Program please feel free to contact the FSS specialists for more information about the Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership program.
Mr. Mark Roland: 313-877-8809