Job Title: Helpdesk Support Analyst
The purpose of this position is to perform first-level diagnosis and troubleshooting support to end-user’s IT needs, provide effective and timely resolution to IT issues and ensure excellent customer satisfaction. Identify, track, research and resolve end-user’s desktop and business application issues, take phone calls, and assist DHC staff in opening Helpdesk tickets. Prepare custom reports, training and procedure documentation. Provide maintenance, repair, upgrade, configuration and support to desktop/laptop/mobile devices and equipment, other peripheral devices and systems such as, but not limited to, printers/copiers/scanners, Smart Phones, Photo ID system, Access Key Card system and the security surveillance system. The Helpdesk Support Analyst will work under the direction of the IT Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as a point of contact for phone calls, emails and IT helpdesk request from staff regarding IT issues and enquires, log and document issues in IT Helpdesk system, maintain internal IT support knowledge base and solution documents
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user, communicate progress and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Provide support of Yardi Voyager system related issues, assist staff, create Yardi Voyager process and functions user guide, identify, clean and correct data issues
- Provide website and business portals content management, maintenance and support
- Provide SQL scripting, Crystal and SSRS reporting support, prepare custom reports as per staff request or business data analytics needs bases
- Provide support, create/update/convert Adobe and Word documents and forms
- Prepare and publishing support and training documentation to assist staff Yardi Voyager System, business process needs and provide staff training if required
- Provide helpdesk support to internal staff, troubleshoot IT related problems, and support/resolve computer hardware and software issues, such as Laptops, PCs,
- mobile devices, phones, network devices, Printers, Scanners, Fax machines and other peripheral devices
- Provide desktop support of Windows 7 & 10 Professional desktop operating system, Android and Apple OS mobile devices, Office 2010, 2013 & 2016 Professional productivity software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote)
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer support skills
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Microsoft based operating system with emphasis on Windows 7 & 8 Professional systems
- Strong Hands-on Knowledge of Office 2010, 2013 & 2016 Professional productivity software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote)
- Knowledge of Windows, Android and Apple OS mobile devices setup and troubleshooting
- Hands-on Knowledge of SQL scripting, Crystal and SSRS reporting
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash, streaming and other graphic software
- Must have valid Michigan driving license
Physical Effort and Working Conditions
The Helpdesk Support Analyst will work in a sedentary office environment but requires mobility between buildings and offices. The work involves normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment. The work area is usually adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
The DHC Helpdesk Support Analyst must have or be capable of obtaining a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License; pass federal, state, and local criminal investigation clearances, and pass a drug screening test administered by the Detroit Housing Commission or the appointed designee, be insurable under the agency’s insurance policy, and be bondable.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technology field. Additionally, 1 - 2 years of experience in IT helpdesk or incident management support is required.
Minimum $42,000 Competitive salary with benefits and pension plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter; resume detailing your qualifications/work experience and Voluntary Self-Identification forms to:
Venesta Jones, Detroit Housing Commission
1301 E. Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48207
Go to www.dhcmi.org Click on the careers tab